Many say that libraries are not essential. However, if you are an avid reader, being without books for the last couple of months has been a major withdrawal. The Richards Memorial Library is pleased to start curbside pick-up, beginning the week of June 8th.
To order books, you must have a valid CW-Mars card with less than $10.00 in fines and no overdue materials.
Please follow this procedure for books under this policy.
View NEW titles here.
2. Once your search finds items, there is an option to check under the search bar to ‘Limit to Available items' and click Search again.
3. You may call the library at (508) 754-0793 and a staff member will be happy to place the
hold for you.
2. During good weather, the bags of books will be on a table outside in the front with your
name on it. In the event of inclement weather, we will have them in the vestibule as you
walk in. You may call from the parking lot and we will be glad to put them out the door for
3. PLEASE do not enter the main part of the library at any time.
4. We are unable to allow browsing at this time.
5. Please practice social distancing and if you can, wear a mask during pick-up.
If someone is picking up, please wait your turn.
6. If you are elderly and do not feel comfortable with picking up , please contact Cindy Love
at the Paxton Senior Center (508) 756-2833 or email clove@townofPaxton.net and she
may be able to use the van and deliver to you.
7. Please be patient as we navigate our new “normal” and move toward a virus-free and safe
Therefore, If you check your account, you may still see items on your account
for up to a week.
2. We also would appreciate it if you would limit your checkouts to a maximum of 10 books
at a time.
3. If another library has the material you want, please call them and see if it is available for you
to pick-up there. Each library has its own policy.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS - PLEASE DON’T HESITATE TO CALL US AT 508 754-0793
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SERVING YOU.
If you do not already have a CWMars library card, and would like to request one from the Richards Memorial Library in Paxton, please fill out this Google form. A library staff member will reach out to finalize the process.
Library cards are available for pickup on our curbside day, Thursdays, between 10am and 3pm.
If you lost your card, moved, or need a pin number, please call (508) 754-0793.
Please do not leave book or magazine donations inside the book drop or outside the door. We are not accepting them at this time. We will reevaluate the status of book donations in August.
We hope you are enjoying ematerials including ebooks, eperiodicals and e-audio. Here are a few reminders for accessing materials on your devices.
Overdrive log in