The Richards Memorial Library is pleased to expand our curbside pick-up beginning on December 8, 2020. This will be the largest expansion of services since we began curbside on June 8, 2020.
Expanded pickup hours Starting 12/8
Pickups will be available
Tuesdays through Fridays from 10am to 3pm*
Saturdays 10:30am to 1:30pm*
Automatic hold notifications from CWMars have been turned back on.
Depending on how your account is set up, you will either receive an email or a text directly from CWMars indicating your item is available for pickup.
Not receiving email notifications? Please check your spam folder.
If your account is set up for phone notifications, a library staff member will call you.
If you need to update your contact information or notification preferences, please call
To order books, you must have a valid CWMars card with less than $10.00 in fines and
no overdue materials.
Please follow this procedure for books under this policy.
1. You may place a hold on a Richards Memorial Library book in the CWMARS catalog.
View NEW titles here.
2. Once your search finds items, there is an option to check under the search box to
‘Limit to Available items' and click Search again.
3. You may call the library at (508) 754-0793 and a staff member will be happy to place the
hold for you.
2. Curbside moves inside to the library entryway. Items will be in bags labeled
with your name and will already be checked out to you.
3. PLEASE do not enter the main part of the library at any time.
4. We are unable to allow browsing at this time.
5. Please practice social distancing and if you can, wear a mask during pick-up.
If someone is picking up, please wait your turn.
6. If you are elderly and do not feel comfortable with picking up, please contact Cindy Love at the Paxton Senior Center (508) 756-2833 or email clove@townofPaxton.net and she may be able to use the van and deliver to you.
7. Please be patient as we navigate our new “normal” and move toward a virus-free and safe future.
ALL RETURNS must be put in the book drop – we will collect them and put them in quarantine for a week before making them available for circulation again.
Therefore, If you check your account, you may still see items on your account for up to a week. All fines accrued after March 16, 2020 will be waived.
2. We also would appreciate it if you would limit your checkouts to a maximum of 10 books at
3. If another library has the material you want, please call them and see if it is available for you
to pick-up there. Each library has its own policy.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS - PLEASE DON’T HESITATE TO CALL US AT (508) 754-0793
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SERVING YOU.
For information on ordering children's books, please click here
If you do not already have a CWMars library card, and would like to request one from the Richards Memorial Library in Paxton, please fill out this Google form.
A library staff member will reach out to finalize the process.
Library cards are available for pickup onTuesdays through Thursdays between 10am and 3pm or Saturdays 10:30am to 1:30pm (closed Saturdays when Monday is a holiday).
If your card is expired, lost, or you need to update a pin number or contact information, you may also fill out the form or call (508)754-0793.
2020 Tax Forms
We have not received have tax forms or booklets.
Tax forms are available online.
For more information, please visit https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-1040
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf (This will open a PDF file.)
If you would like a two-sided copy of the 2020 Form 1040 to pickup at curbside, please call us at (508) 754-0793. Copies are 10 cents per page.
Massachusetts 2020 Tax Forms
Please do not leave book or magazine donations inside the book drop or outside the door. We are not accepting them at this time. We will reevaluate the status of book donations in the spring.
Please do not leave book or magazine donations inside the book drop or outside the door. We are not accepting them at this time. We will reevaluate the status of book donations in August.
We hope you are enjoying ematerials including ebooks, eperiodicals and e-audio. Here are a few reminders for accessing materials on your devices.
Overdrive log in