The Richards Memorial Library is pleased to announce we are opening on Tuesday, June 1, 2021.
Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday
10am to 4pm
1pm to 7pm
Closed Saturdays, Sundays & Mondays
We are happy to move to the next level of service:
*Open for browsing, printing, and computer use
--When possible, limit children under the age of 12. (There are no toys in the children's room as they are still in storage).
*Browsing will be limited to 20 minutes.
*For the safety of our elderly patrons and our staff, please wear a mask.
*Sanitizing stations available
We will continue to provide curbside service for all holds.
Curbside is available whenever the library is open.
Tues. Wed. & Friday10am to 4pm
Thursday 1pm to 7pm
Thank you to Patricia (Trish) Dawson, Library Board of Trustee, for setting up the WiFi extenders.
Tails & Tales
Registration opens June 22
Please check back in June for information on how to register for the summer reading program.
The Richards Memorial Library has been offering expanded curbside pick-up on December 8, 2020. Curbside began on June 8, 2020.
Tuesdays through Fridays from 10am to 3pm*
Saturdays 10:30am to 1:30pm**
**Exception: No curbside on the Saturday before a Monday holiday; the library is closed.
*Other times may be arranged, please call (508) 754-0793.
Tuesday - Friday 10am to 4pm
Saturdays 10am to 2pm
For SAME DAY service, please call (508) 754-0793.
Placing a hold in cwmars.org is the best way to claim a popular title.
Automatic hold notifications from CWMars have been turned back on.
If you need to update your contact information or notification preferences, please call
To order books, you must have a valid CWMars card with less than $10.00 in fines and
no overdue materials.
Please follow this procedure for books under this policy.
1. You may place a hold on a Richards Memorial Library book in the CWMARS catalog.
View NEW titles here.
2. Once your search finds items, there is an option to check under the search box to
‘Limit to Available items' and click Search again.
Interlibrary loans - You may now place holds on materials from other libraries.
3. You may call the library at (508) 754-0793 and a staff member will be happy to place the
hold for you.
Be prepared to have your requested titles or details about what you might like (favorite authors, mystery, thriller, romance or the like)
Please, also let us know your desired format, i.e. large print, regular print or BCD (audio)
Pick-ups may be made Tuesday through Friday from 10am to 3pm and Saturdays from 10:30am to 1:30pm.
Exceptions: Holidays or closings due to inclement weather. Other times may be arranged, please call (508) 754-0793.
PLEASE Do not come to pick-up unless you have received an email confirmation or phone confirmation from us.
Please let us know if you will be unable to come at this time.
2. Curbside - Items will be checked out and placed in bags labeled with your name.
3. PLEASE do not enter the main part of the library at any time.
4. We are unable to allow browsing at this time.
5. Please practice social distancing and if you can, wear a mask during pick-up.
If someone is picking up, please wait your turn.
6. If you are elderly and do not feel comfortable with picking up, please contact Cindy Love at the Paxton Senior Center (508) 756-2833 or email clove@townofPaxton.net and she may be able to use the van and deliver to you.
7. Please be patient as we navigate our new “normal” and move toward a virus-free and safe future.
ALL RETURNS must be put in the book drop.
Please do not leave them in the pickup foyer or try to hand them to staff.
Books belonging to other libraries will be returned the following day we are open.
Books belonging to the Richards Memorial Library will be quarantined for three to five days (depending on the day they are returned and our scheduled hours).
Therefore, If you check your account, you may still see items on your account for up to a week. All fines accrued after March 16, 2020 will be waived.
1. We request that you only request 2 books that have been issued in the last 90 days, so as to allow others to be able to have access to them as well. This is especially essential due to the need to quarantine.
2. We also would appreciate it if you would limit your checkouts to a maximum of 10 books at
3. If another library has the material you want, please call them and see if it is available for you
to pick-up there. Each library has its own policy.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS - PLEASE DON’T HESITATE TO CALL US AT (508) 754-0793
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SERVING YOU.
If you need any children's materials, please place holds in your cwmars.org account.
If you do not have specific titles in mind, only genres, subjects, reading level/grade level or authors, please use our Children's Request Google Form
If you need any Young Adult (children's, middle grade, YA), please place holds in your cwmars.org account.
If you do not have specific titles in mind, only genres or authors, please use our YA Google Form.
Please fill out our Google Form if you would like to request: