Limited library service will begin the week of June 8, 2020 with curbside pick-up beginning on June 11. At this time, you can only request materials owned by the Richards Memorial Library, as interlibrary loan has not restarted yet.
Requests must be received by 3pm on Wednesdays for pick-up on Thursdays. Please only come for pick up if you have received a confirmation from us first.
Curbside pick up is available on Thursdays between 10am and 3pm. Please practice social distancing. Weather permitting, materials will be outside. During inclement weather, you may enter the library vestibule. Please note the library building remains closed to the public.
RML Curbside pick-up procedures and policies:
Many say that libraries are not essential. However, if you are an avid reader, being without books for the last couple of months has been a major withdrawal. The Richards Memorial Library is pleased to start curbside pick-up, beginning the week of June 8th.
To order books, you must have a valid CW-Mars card with less than $10.00 in fines and no overdue materials.
Please follow this procedure for books under this policy.
2. You may call the library at (508) 754-0793 and a staff member will be happy to place the
hold for you.
2. During good weather, the bags of books will be on a table outside in the front with your
name on it. In the event of inclement weather, we will have them in the vestibule as you
walk in. You may call from the parking lot and we will be glad to put them out the door for you.
3. PLEASE do not enter the main part of the library at any time.
4. We are unable to allow browsing at this time.
5. Please practice social distancing and if you can, wear a mask during pick-up. If someone is
picking up, please wait your turn.
6. If you are elderly and do not feel comfortable with picking up , please contact Cindy Love
at the Paxton Senior Center (508) 756-2833 or email clove@townofPaxton.net and she may
be able to use the van and deliver to you.
7. Please be patient as we navigate our new “normal” and move toward a virus-free and safe
Therefore, If you check your account, you may still see items on your account for up to a
2. We also would appreciate it if you would limit your checkouts to a maximum of 10 books
at a time.
3. If another library has the material you want, please call them and see if it is available for you
to pick up materials there. Each library has its own policy.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS - PLEASE DON’T HESITATE TO CALL US AT 508 754-0793.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SERVING YOU.
There are four ways to order curbside pick-up books for children - pick which one works for you:
- Place holds on books from your CWMars.org account. This is a great way to browse titles, authors and subjects.
*Fill out this form if you do not have a CWMars library card. This is an easy way to request books on a subject or by type (picture, early reader, chapter book, etc.)
- Call (508) 754-0793 to request books
- Email email@example.com to request books
- Fill out our Google Form by clicking on Order Children's Books below
Enjoy this playlist of some of our favorite songs from our weekly storytime.
Tuesdays* 3:30pm - 4:30pm
Each week the builders are offered a building theme. They can choose to follow the theme or build something else. We have tons of awesome LEGOs, mini figs, base plates, and special pieces!
There is no registration. We have room for everyone!
September 18, 2019 - June 10, 2020
*Following the WRSD school calendar.
Music, movement, finger plays, bubbles, stories, and a craft. Each week we alternate between shaker eggs, scarves, musical instruments, STEM activities, and parachute games. Different theme each week.*
Wednesdays* 9:30am - 10am
September 18, 2019 through June 10, 2020
Informal play group meets before story time.
*Following the Wachusett Regional School District school calendar.
Fridays* 10am - 11am
The library hosts this program which is run by Community Connnections Wachusett CFCE.
For more information please call (508) 713-3581.
*Follows the WRSD school calendar.
Storytime, play group, Read Build and Play, and LEGO club follow the Wachusett Regional School District school calendar. Please note, there are no storytimes:
Humor for Kids
Check out these funny ebooks for kids!
Find favorites or discover new characters!
CW Mars Overdrive kids collection features:
Art and Music
Fomerly called Gale InfoBits
Children's book catalog at the RML
New children's books at the
Richards Memorial Library